Overview of our policy
Changes to this policy
Information collection and use
Below are more details about the information the jhappi.com Sites gather from you and how we use it.
A. Email Newsletters and Updates. jhappi.com Sites may offer email newsletters and important account activity updates. As part of the jhappi.com service you will receive these updates. If you want to update your email address or stop receiving any of the updates, a procedures would be provided at the bottom of any newsletter or update may send you.
B. Membership Registration Information. When you register for membership on one of our sites, we ask for information about you, your profile and your interests. We do this so we can better understand what you like and tailor the site to suit you better. At a minimum, we require your name, birth date, gender, email address and zip code. The more information you volunteer, the more we can tailor the site, updates, and promotions to your interests. We may engage third parties to perform analysis or data processing of our databases that involves access to this information in order to better provide you with the services for which you joined (in which case we will take measures to ensure that such parties are contractually required to keep the information confidential and not to use it other than in a manner that is necessary to perform their work for jhappi.com).
We may also use or disclose your membership registration or other Personally Identifiable Information as follows:
- Service Providers. We also sometimes offer our members other services provided by third parties. When you register for membership on a jhappi.com Site or subscribe to jhappi.com services, you may be automatically registered to receive the free services we offer and some of your Personally Identifiable Information may be shared by jhappi.com with those third-party service providers. By becoming a member of the offered service you authorize us and our third-party service providers to send you email updates and information about promotions and special offers. We take care to require that our third-party service providers only use our member�s data as necessary to provide the particular service requested and to give you updates on that service provider�s products and services.
- Co-registration with Other Sites. As a member, we may offer you the ability to co-register with select third-party partner sites. In some instances where jhappi.com provides co-registration, the co-registration partners allow you to opt-out of their membership. If you choose to co-register with our partners and accept their terms of service, then you are automatically registered as a member of their select web sites and your Personally Identifiable Information is shared with those organizations. As a result, you may receive information from one of these web sites as any of their members would. We advise you to review their privacy and data collection policies for further information. We are not responsible for the use of your Personally Identifiable Information by any such service provider. In order to cancel your membership with any of these partners you will need to go directly to the partner�s site.
- Third Party Search Engines. When you create and submit a public profile to jhappi.com, you authorize jhappi.com to publicly disclose such information, other than Personally Identifiable information, through the jhappi.com website as well as other third party search engines and websites.
- Updates to Personal Information. When you become a member, other members and third parties may, through use of our jhappi.com and other specified services, seek to update their personal contact lists by requesting your personal information, including your Personally Identifiable Information. In some cases, businesses may send us a list of personal information in an attempt to re-contact customers or subscribers whose contact information may have changed. WE WILL NOT PROVIDE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION TO THESE OTHER MEMBERS, BUSINESSES OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT. We will notify you when any such request for your contact information is made, and you will be provided with the option to accept or decline the request. If you do not respond to this request, you will be considered to have declined the request, and your updated contact information will not be provided.
In the future, we may provide you with the default option of automatically approving the request of any person, business and/or other third party to update their contact information relating to you so that you do not have to approve or reject each individual request for contact information updates. We will notify you when and if we make this default automatic approval option available. If you elect this default option, your contact information will automatically be provided to each member or third party that requests it through the use of jhappi.com's specified services for the same. However, you may change your election at any time by changing your preferences.
C. When You Purchase a Service from jhappi.com When you purchase a service from jhappi.com, you will be required to provide us or our Payment processing service provider with certain contact information, including your name, email address and billing address. Our payment processing service provider may request you information necessary to process your payment (such as a credit card and expiration date). We or our Payment processing service provider may use the information you provide us to bill you for products and services you have requested, or to notify you of additional products and services available to you. By becoming a member and subscribing for our service, you agree that we may share this information with our service providers, which may include banks and credit card companies we use to process your transaction.
D. Email Updates to Members. The jhappi.com Sites and our partners may periodically send service email updates announcing special offers and/or new features to registered users. If you want to update your email address or stop receiving our email service announcements, please follow the procedures at the bottom of any email we send you.
E. Promotions. We may ask you for Personally Identifiable Information at other times, including, but not limited to, when you enter sweepstakes, contests or promotions sponsored by a third party. If you choose to enter sweepstakes, contests or promotions of this nature, we may share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties involved in the promotion so they can contact you. They may use that information to send you advertisements or other notices, and it is possible that your information may be shared with others.
F. Surveys and User Research. jhappi.com may conduct email and web-delivered surveys from time to time, as well as instant polls, to gather information about our audience. It is important to remember that taking these surveys and polls is entirely optional. You have no obligation to respond to them. We share only the aggregate results of these surveys, not individual data, with our advertisers and partners to help them better understand our services and monitor the reach of their advertising on our service. We also store some of the information that our users provide in these surveys to help us understand your interests and to make the site more useful for you.
I. Sites You Visit. As you access our Affiliate Sites and browse around the jhappi.com Sites, jhappi.com may store information about which pages and which Affiliate Sites you visit and other information presented in your browser�s URL address line. jhappi.com will use this information to help determine what our users are most interested in.
J. Other Third Parties. jhappi.com may share non-personal, aggregate, or summary, information regarding our users with other third parties not mentioned in this policy. This kind of information does not identify you individually, but is often used to provide general demographics or statistics.
K. Merger or Acquisition. In the event of a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of substantially all or a portion of our assets (including a website owned by us), you agree that jhappi.com may transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to a third party as a part of such merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale.
L. Legal Authorities. The jhappi.com Sites may also disclose Personally Identifiable Information in cases when we have reason to believe that it is necessary to identify someone who may be violating jhappi.com�s User Agreement or may be causing injury to jhappi.com�s rights or property, other users, or anyone else. The jhappi.com Sites may disclose Personally Identifiable Information of our users to government authorities at our discretion.
Access to other sites through jhappi.com
Our Affiliates Sites. You should be aware that when you are on a jhappi.com site, you will have the opportunity to visit, or link to, other sites associated with jhappi.com. When available, these sites would be identified as our 'Affiliates' and/or - 'Partner Sites' These sites are not owned or operated by jhappi.com, but are part of a larger network of sites with which the jhappi.com Sites may share content and advertising opportunities. We do not share Personally Identifiable Information of our members with these Affiliate Sites.
Third party advertising
Third Party Advertising. We use ad serving technology and other third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements on this site and other sites about goods and services that may be of interest to you. Whenever third party advertising is offered by jhappi.com, if you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at such times.
Third Party Cookies. In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique 'cookie' on your browser.
The jhappi.com Sites use diligent efforts to protect the security and integrity of the information you provide to us once it is received on our systems. However, when you submit information about yourself to the jhappi.com Sites over the Internet, the information may travel over many systems that are not under the control of jhappi.com. In the case of payment for subscription, the information you provide is protected by secure servers of our payment processing service providers. jhappi.com will make diligent effort to ascertain that our payment processing service provider�s have provisions to securely collect your data.
Changing or updating your information
To change or update your account information such as your profile, password, postings, please use the appropriate links provided by our site to do the needful.
We reserve the right to send you customary business communications (i.e. renewal notifications, new product offerings, general system and administrative messages, address confirmations, etc.) without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. However, we provide you with the opportunity to elect not to receive other types of communications as follows:
- Canceling Newsletters. jhappi.com may offer e-mail newsletter. You may cancel participation in any email newsletter by following the instructions at the bottom of each email.
- Special Offers E-Mail: You may cancel participation in the special offers email by following the instructions at the bottom of each email.
Still have questions?
Effective Date: January 12, 2007